Vitamin A. Let’s start with good ole Vitamin A.
- Helps form healthy teeth, skeletal and soft tissue, mucus membranes, skin
- Produces pigments in the retina of the eye and promotes good vision. Eat your carrots!
- There’s retinol, which is found in animal liver, whole milk, and fortified foods.
- And then there’s beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant.
Nobody should ever have a problem getting enough Vitamin A. It’s in everything! Sources include:
- Eggs, meat, milk, cheese, cream, liver, kidney, cod (high in saturated fat and cholesterol…so i don’t recommend relying on animal products simply for Vitamin A as it can be found in plenty of plants as well)
- Sources of beta-carotene are carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, winter squash, grapefruit, cantaloupe, broccoli, spinach, most dark green veggies.