This is a recipe from AllRecipes…My additions to this cake are highlighted below. You can also frost this cake…it is AMAZING frosted and there’s alot of vegan frosting out there.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I like to use Ghirardelli)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Additions: Half a bag of vegan chocolate chips (Ghirardelli is amazing)
- Additions: Walnuts…depends on how nutty you like it 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth. Mix in your additions – you can put less or more depending on how much you want.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Okay, the directions aside…this cake is amazing. I have made it at least 6 times and it is MOIST, flavorful and delicious. I’ve fed it to vegans, meat eaters, whoever – and this cake is a hit.