I love cookies. And i especially love warm, soft gooey ooey yummy delicious fresh baked chocolate melting in your mouth cookies. I have been using a vegan recipe i found on the internet a while back and I panicked yesterday because I couldn’t find it! Thankfully, it was found through a comprehensive inbox search – thank you for saving everything, gmail!!!
Here’s the recipe:
1 cup butter (I used vegan butter made of vegetable oil since part of my cookie audience was vegan) 🙂
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup boiling water
2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat butter or margarine, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Add flour and salt, mix well.
4. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture. Stir in rolled oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
5. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
SO easy! And…SO good.
My modifications were slight – I end up modifying this a little bit everytime depending on what mood people are in. I’ve used cranberries, walnuts and raisins before. This time, i stuck with Ghirardelli’s Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (surprisingly, some types are vegan). I definitely used more than the recommended 1.5 cups…but hey, everybody loves chocolate 🙂